Sunday, September 1, 2024

    No, 

   Despite the last few posts, this won't be a stream of silly memes, but I don't really have a plan or underlying reason for the blog.


  But it won't be to regurgitate what I have been and are being fed by news, social media, government or schools (even if they tend to blur into the same narrative).


  At first, what, a decade ago, I decided I had "something to say" but in reality, so does every other person on the planet.   

  Problem is, most of my thoughts are not really acceptable for today's self censoring, woke, pick a political side, acceptable lane of ideology, anti/pro anything.

  Every year that passes by I see a more concerted effort to divide people into smaller easier categorized groups to separate and pit them against each other.

  Maybe this has been going on for all of human history and I just started to recognize it, or maybe this is a relatively new phenomenon.

  Either way, I have this urge to speak up.   And it was either this or stand on a street corner with a large sign and shout at the passing cars.

 

  But I'd have to stand out there for hours.    And right now I'm in the middle of another Firefly re-watch.  (Damn you Fox executives!) 

  Besides,  I can write better than I can talk or walk... mostly.

  This is a passive form of speech, in other words, you can stop and read or enjoy memes or whatever, or not.   I'm not yelling at you at a stop light or at the entrance to a parking lot.

  Like any place where ideas can exist, written or online, depending on search engine algorithms (which now decide for you what you want to read nowadays so you'll probably never see this anyway), you can stop, read, ignore, or return to read more as you want.

  A blog is the perfect outlet to vent, talk, share, whatever, and it's a voluntary interaction, which is the best kind.


  And since I've tried this before (a decade ago) and still have my blog (THANK YOU Blogger) I'll stick to this for now.

  

    About myself;

   I think, like most people, I do NOT fit into any proper category/bloc/identity/ideology.


  Identity isn't an issue, although I may appear to belong in one lane or the other, I am, like most Americans, a hybrid.   A blend of several ethnological branches that resulted into something (me) that is very much like that lost little goofy critter you find in the back of a local animal shelter that you (hopefully) might decide to bring home.

  No pedigree, no long line of established behavior or identity, but something new, both common and unique, refusing to be categorized or defined, and sharing the same messy conglomerate of individual blends as most of this relatively young nation's citizenry.

  In other words, a mutt.

  Nothing special, and yet, the family you choose, what could be more American than that?  

 

  Politics on the other hand is both more complicated and not really complicated at all.

    I tend to lean towards whatever supports more individual freedom than any of the various collective ideologies.    

   The idea that I have to subscribe to an organized group in order to have a particular opinion or benefit is (in my humble opinion) bullshit.

   The idea that without an organized group identity my voice is somehow of any less worth or value is a an even larger pile of bullshit.

 

   But that all rings political sounding and politics is also a large pile of...

  Know what?

   Let me leave it to Mark Twain;

     Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.     

                                        Mark Twain

 

  But this is not a political blog...

 So what to expect from the mind of a mutt?

  A Q&A segment perhaps?

  Such as;

  Coke or Pepsi?

                7 Up.

  Blue or Red?  

                Gold.

  Gates or Jobs?

                 Torvalds.

  

  Okay, that won't work either.

 


   Occasionally you'll find this area filled with the oddball ideas and musings of the kind that if you spoke in mixed company would see a dime dropped...

.. Okay, an aside; dropping a dime is a euphemism that used to be said when making a phone call using one of these rare devices;

 


  They are now replaced with your daily prescription of Soma AKA cell phones, in this case, to the guys in white coats that take you to the happy place with the soft padded rooms and a daily supply of tic tacs in little plastic cups that make you feel, well, comfortably numb.

  If you don't get the last three references in that paragraph, most of this blog will be lost on you.

  But it's those wtf stories about Cryptids and UFOs and parallel universes, the Mandela Affect/Effect and all the other "out there" shit that is both fun and the ones that are not so fun, the ones that you stop and go; 

     "Wait.   That's something that I think I've encountered???"

   Then there's going to be those Conspiracy Theories that have a very nasty habit of coming true.    Maybe I'll do a post on the more recent ones, label "Spoiler Alerts" as they really aren't Theories after enough evidence to support them start surfacing, are they?

  

    But this isn't a conspiracy blog either.


    It's um kinda.    Uh.





   Yeah.  That.   You know.  Thinking stuff, stuff I thunk.

   Deep Shit.

           ...Enjoy

  

 


 

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment